Inland Empire DUI Lawyer – DUI Penalties
An Inland Empire DUI Lawyer at our offices can help explain the below to you, feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
In the Inland Empire, a first time DUI defendant may face a maximum of 6 months in jail, fines over $5,000, and must take an approved DUI coarse. In addition, there may be an imposition of community service, an ignition interlock device on the defendants car, or attending AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) meetings. In addition, the DMV may also suspend or restrict your drivers licence.
In California, there may also be “Enhancements”, if:
1. There was a child under fourteen in the vehicle;
2. Speeding in excess of 20mph on surface streets or 30 mph on highways;
3. There was a refusal to give a chemical test;
4. Having a Blood Alcohol Content level of 0.15 percent or higher;
5. Having one or more prior convictions within the previous ten years.
- 96 hours to one year in county jail
- Up to $1800 in fines and fees
- 2-year license suspension
- 120 days to one year in county jail
- Up to $3000 in fines and fees
- 3-year license revocation
- An in-patient Alcohol treatment program
Fourth (or More) DUI
- A Felony
- Up to 3 years in a state prison
- Up to $3000 in fines
- 4-year license revocation
- An inpatient alcohol treatment program
Although the law can seem daunting, hiring an attorney / lawyer can help with a lot of the aggravation and stress involved with the process. In the Inland Empire, including Rancho Cucamonga, San bernadino and Riverside Counties, a DUI attorney can in some cases get community service or house-arrest instead of jail time. In addition, with proper lawyering and investigation by a DUI attorney in Riverside or San Bernardino County (The Inland Empire), you are far more likely to get a plea deal or dismissal. Examples of Plea Deals are a “wet and reckless” or “dry and reckless”.
Please feel free to contact our Inland Empire DUI Lawyer offices, and we can help explain the details of how the penalties will apply to your case.