My Rights Law Group is a growing criminal defense firm serving all courts in San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange and Los Angeles Counties. Our office environment is friendly, but fast paced.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Rancho Cucamonga Office
Great opportunity for a recent law school graduate or young attorney seeking to gain experience and interested in an opportunity in our Rancho office. My Rights Law Group, a California based law firm focused on Criminal / DUI Defense and Injury Law, is seeking an associate with integrity, skills and confidence needed to thrive in a growing practice. This is a criminal defense position in a criminal defense focused firm. If you are not looking for a career in criminal defense law, we are probably not the right firm for you.
To succeed in this role, a successful candidate will need to have results orientation, enthusiasm for criminal law (and experience in criminal law, can be based on practice internship or clinical program during law school), and strong interpersonal and communication skills. This position provides a unique opportunity for an attorney to gain both training and experience with a criminal defense firm.
- Must have California State Bar License
- 0-5 years’ experience preferred, but all levels of experience including senior attorneys will be considered
- Maintain case files and appear in court and DMV hearings daily representing clients accused of crimes
- Meet regularly and communicate effectively with clients
- Obtain appropriate case related materials, including case files from prior counsels, materials from court clerks, court reporters, police departments, prosecutors, and other sources
- Conduct effective legal research
- Identify and evaluate potential issues and defenses to raise
- Draft petitions and motions and court related documents
- Handle litigation, including hearings and trials on behalf of clients
- Develop new business via building a referral network and actively engaging in developing the firm’s name recognition throughout Southern California
- Jail Visits
- Have excellent communication skills and enjoy helping people
- Be self-motivated, intellectually curious and possess a strong work ethic
- Enjoy continuous learning in a fast-paced and friendly work environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements here.
We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to hearing from you.